Monday, April 30, 2012

Things Are Getting Better

So....

I spoke to the dietician at the beginning of this week. I have made up my mind. I will NEVER speak to her again. I think that being a "dietician" is a fake profession anyhow. I mean, does one have to get an MS in Nutritional science to tell the fat kid (who's been dieting since age 6) that one pound is equal to 3500 calories? I think not.

Also, she always talks to me with a mouthful and boasts about how she is an avid runner and marathoner. It's sort of like having Satan as your cheerleader. It doesn't really work.

As for my surgeon (since my last post) he did exactly what I paid him to do. But he also has statistics that he must uphold (and I'm a rebel - totally killing his numbers) and lives by a publish or perish mentality. He's a cutter and as a cutter he is the one that is paid to fix the car not teach me how to drive it.

No more talking to that part of the team unless it is a medical emergency. I have however been posting to Vertical Sleeve Talk which is more suited to me than Obesity Help. I was so happy to find it because last Tuesday I really was going to see if I had learned to fly, yet...off a cliff.

My numbers this week are as follow...

Weight: 202 (down from 241.8)
Boobs: 43 (which still haven't budged)
Waist: 36
Hips: 48


Me, at Christmastime, before surgery. The discomfort in myself here is so appearant: the double chin, the swollen eyes...

Me, two nights ago....8.5 weeks post op. My eyes are brighter, I appear clearly happier,  and my double chin is nearly gone!

No comments:

Post a Comment