Saturday, April 7, 2012

Lowered Expectations




I went  to see the surgeon yesterday for my first post op visit.

I felt awful when I left his office. I feel pretty comfortable saying that he is a mother fucker. Yup. That's right a complete and total asshole! More succinctly, a dick.

I walked in, weighed in at 210 and felt ok about it. Not jumping for joy, but not like I wanted to take a bath with a toaster either.

I waited for him to join me once I was roomed. Ten minutes later he walked in and the first thing out of his mouth was, "So, I see you haven't been following my eating prescription."

Now, a day later, several excellent things come into my mind that I wish I had thought of yesterday, such as, "Don't be an ass!" or "Be nice or leave." or my personal favorite "Yeah, I haven't. Instead, I've been slamming Ho Ho's and Ding Dong's."

Needless to say, I felt defeated. These past five and a half weeks have been a struggle both physically and emotionally.

I rallied the troops. Amy said just keep going and "he's a dick!" My sister said, "Write a letter even if you don't send it." And my husband, God bless him, went to Costco with me to look for new protein shakes becasue the doctor said I need a higher protein intake. Gah!

Before the surgery, the surgeon said I could reach 110.Yesterday, when I told him he said that he denied it and snidely asked, "What's your goal." I answered 130.

To be honest, at 5 feet tall and 210 lbs now, I'd be happy at 170 for the rest of my life. And perhaps I shouldn't put too much stock into what the surgeon says. Do I have to see him again?

Sometimes, I visit Melting Mama. It's a blog about WLS. I like it. Here is what I read today and it helped me resolve my heart and soul. It gave me solidarity. Meltimg Mama - Lowered Expectations.



No comments:

Post a Comment